As business owners we are constantly looking to find the holy grail when it comes to customer needs, in order to raise our profile and to generate interest in our service.
Whilst customer needs as it pertains to online marketing may be a bit more of a dark art, customer needs on the ground is more of a for a discerning skill. In other words it is not rocket science. How do I know?
Because I am a customer as well sometimes.
- Customers want to be able to find you on whatever platform ( and apply their specific criteria, be it reviews or locally based etc).
- Timely and clear communication which includes price ( stick to your appointment times).
- Day of the job. This is the time they need re-assurance, so start on time and communicate clearly.
- Do what it says on the tin and stick to your quote.
- 99% of your customers will be happy with that. They feel that you have re-assured them that you are capable of doing the job, have indeed done the job to their standard and that they have received value for their money.
- The remaining 1 % may need a bit more finessing.
Of course the opposite is also true: arrive late, don’t communicate or do a good job and 1 % will become 99%